YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, ALI: Looking for real advice? Look no further
So yeah, yeah, yeah, Ali, why should we listen to your advice?
- Are you sick of asking your friends for advice and they tell you just to “think positive” or “get over it?”
- Are you sick of people telling you what they think you want to hear?
- Are you sick of self-help gurus telling you how to live your life while profiting from their uninformed lies?
- Are you sick of fearing being judged because you asked for help?
- Are you sick of people giving you bad advice because they want you to shut up and stop asking them for help?
Then you have come to the right place. No sugarcoated bullshit or judgment here. My job is to educate people, and I love it. I am a former mental health therapist and currently am a professor, researcher, and writer. I have a master’s degree in psychology and am completing my second master’s degree in teaching. I am always in pursuit of educating myself, formally and otherwise to help others solve their problems.
So yeah, yeah, yeah, I might just have the slightest idea of what I am talking about.
Please submit your anonymous questions about a topic of your choice (e.g. relationships, health, or career) to my e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will choose one reader’s question and response to post every Friday.
I look forward to hearing from you!