First Friday Scranton map for Sept. 5, 2014
The map for First Friday Scranton on Sept. 5 is here:
Click here for a printable PDF.
1. AFA Gallery – Mark Chuck, Dana Gabel, and Travis Prince.
2. AFA Gallery (Upstairs) – Michael B. Harris and Judith Snyder.
3. Artwork’s Gallery & Studio – In Color: Rolfe Ross.
4. Bella Faccias Personalized Chocolates, Inc. – Hand-Painted Furniture: Lisa Pirrami Lynady.
5. Carl von Luger Steak & Seafood – Music by The Alan Gaumer Quartet featuring Alan Gaumer- Trumpet, Nelson Hill- Saxophone, Tony Marino- Bass, and Pat Marcinko- Drums.
6. Christopher’s Salon and Day Spa – Pieces of Me: Art and words exhibit based on family photographs by Kym Balthazar Fetsko.
7. Connell Marketplace – Group Show: Eric Miller, Allison LaRussa; music by Breathing Easy.
8. Courthouse Square – Celebrate Interdependence On the Square: Various artists. Connect, collaborate, and create community.
9. Courthouse Square – Parents as Teachers – EOTC – Sidewalk Chalk Art: Little Hands Big Art Lessons with Miss Lisa. Children’s creative art expression at Courthouse Square (Washington Ave.)
10. Eden, A Vegan Cafe – Things and Junk – A Collection of Collection Items: Pen, ink, pencil, and notebook paper by Shackleford.
11. Exhale Hookah Lounge & Kabob Grill – Belly Dancing: Mallory.
12. Ferrone Family Winery – Timmy Ferrone.
13. The Hilton Scranton & Conference Center – Scrapbook of Life: Rae Wright.
14. Lackawanna College – Seeley Hall – 120th Anniversary Celebration: Photographs and artifacts from Lackawanna College’s history. Live music by The Sassafras Duo. Light refreshments. Lackawanna College Seeley Memorial Library (406 N. Washington Ave., Scranton).
15. Laura Craig Galleries – A Coastal Journey: Photography and book signing by Kathy Fallon; music by “Good Vibes” Bill Weber and John Andrews.
16. The Library Express – Milkweed & Poppyseed : Becky Townsend. Becky works primarily with natural fibers and fabrics, sewing both by hand and machine. Her current work includes standing wool rugs, bags, and totes.
17. Marquis Art & Frame – For What It’s Worth: Sam Barrese.
18. The Mall At Steamtown (between Foot Locker and GameStop) – International Interdependence Hexagon Project VIII: Student and adult-made hexagons which demonstrate our interconnectedness, including clay, digital, wood, fiber and iron. Also includes the Citizens’ Hexagon Project – hexagons made in community by Fire and Iron, Century Club, Library Express, RiverFest, Arts on the Square, and others; music by Mark Woodyatt.
19. Northern Light Espresso Bar – Landscapes of Northeastern Pennsylvania Throughout the Year: Paintings in oil by Gregory Pelly.
20. Tom Grudis Optical/The Bare Accessories – Stories in Stone: Book signing by Julie Snell-Esty.
21. Trax Platform Lounge at The Radisson – History at the Station: Periodic art; music by Downtown Scranton Musicfest featuring Daddy O & the Sax Maniacs, Picture Perfect, Fab3, DJ Jack Martin, and The Cinder Brothers.
22. The Workshop – Just Covering Our Bases: Yarn-bombed furniture and paintings by Jess Meoni and Victoria Wright.
23. Duffy Accessories – Primarily Plants: Julie Bryne; music by Dave Brown.
24. NOTE Fragrances – The Intricacies of Influential 20th Century Figures: Kyle Van Zandbergen.
25. Forage Space – New Works: Julianna Brazill.
26. Courthouse Square (corner of Spruce and N. Washington) – Alternative Music: 99.5 WUSR University of Scranton Radio Station.
27. The Bog – Heirloom – Wood, Paint, Glue: Jonathan and Leigh Slingluff.
28. The Keys: Beer & Spirits – Luna: Desiree DelGaudio; music by Brad Parks.
29. Pierre’s Fine Clothing and Accessories – Recent Paintings: Heidi Van Leuven.
30. POSH at Scranton Club – A Taste of POSH: Extraordinaire Entrees will be made and displayed by Chef de Cuisine Jourdan Azevedo, Sous Chef Damian Miseo, and Kyle Briggs; music by Matt Michaylo.
31. Ale Mary’s – Photography by Misericordia Artist Mary Bove; music by Misericordia University A Cappella group Beyond Harmony and Light Weight.