Listen to jazz performances recorded at 2014 Delaware Water Gap COTA Festival on WVIA-FM
From a press release:
For the 17th consecutive year, WVIA-FM’s “All That Jazz” with George Graham presents comprehensive coverage of the Delaware Water Gap Celebration of the Arts Festival. There will be 10 nights of extraordinary jazz music starting Monday, Nov. 17, 2014 at 7 p.m. on WVIA-FM.
The series will feature music from performances from the main stage of this year’s festival, which was held in the Poconos town of Delaware Water Gap on Sept. 5, 6, and 7 and recorded for broadcast by Chiaroscuro Records.
The complete broadcast schedule of featured performances on “All That Jazz” on WVIA-FM is below:
- Monday, Nov. 17 at 7 p.m.: Nancy & Spencer Reed/The Matt Vashlishan-Evan Gregor Quartet, Part 1
- Tuesday, Nov. 18 at 7 p.m.: The Matt Vashlishan-Evan Gregor Quartet, Part 2/Najwa Parkins and the After Hours Trio
- Wednesday, Nov. 19 at 7 p.m.: Phil Woods and the COTA Festival Orchestra
- Thursday, Nov. 20 at 7 p.m.: Bob Dorough/Miss Ida Blue, Part 1
- Friday, Nov. 21 at 7 p.m.: The Diva Trio + vocalist Sue Giles/Miss Ida Blue, Part 2
- Monday, Nov. 24 at 7 p.m.: The Bill Mays Trio/Nellie McKay, Part 1
- Tuesday, Nov. 25 at 7 p.m.: Nellie McKay, Part 2/Co-Op Bop
- Wednesday, Nov. 26 at 7 p.m.: The COTA Cats (student band), edition 34/The Vic Juris Trio
- Thursday, Nov. 27 at 7 p.m.: Expansions the Dave Liebman Group
- Friday, Nov. 28 at 7 p.m.: The Shockenaw Mountain Boys featuring Tim Carbone/Tracks cut for time from previous segments
Chiaroscuro Records is a division of WVIA Public Media and is the steward of some of the finest jazz recordings in the world.
WVIA-FM can be found at 89.9 FM in Northeastern Pennsylvania, 99.3 FM in Allentown, 105.7 FM in Bethlehem, 90.3 FM in Clarks Summit, 100.1 FM in Lewisburg, 89.7 FM (WVYA) in Williamsport, 89.3 FM in South Central PA, 88.3 FM in Mainesburg, 91.5 FM (WPAU) in the Palmyra Township/Hawley/Lake Wallenpaupack region, 94.9 FM in Pottsville, 94.3 FM in Stroudsburg/East Stroudsburg, 105.7 FM in Sunbury, and 103.5 FM in Wellsboro.
WVIA-FM can also be heard via an online stream.
Photo by Garth Woods/Delaware Water Gap COTA Festival