McCann School of Business & Technology to hold free Health and Fitness Day on Feb. 5
From a press release:
As a premier provider of health care and beauty and wellness training programs, McCann School of Business & Technology is committed to making the community aware of the importance of staying healthy and fit. Therefore, the career school is holding a free “Health and Fitness Day: A Better You, A Better Future” at the Dickson City campus on Thursday, Feb. 5.
Open to the public, a full day of events will be held from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. at the school (2227 Scranton-Carbondale Hwy., Scranton) and at The Spa at McCann. Events include:
- Self-defense awareness workshop: 10:30 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Laughter yoga: 11 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- Blood pressure screenings: Noon-3 p.m.
- Cholesterol checks: Noon-3 p.m.
- Chiropractic workshop: 12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.
- Complimentary spa services (chair massages and hand paraffin treatments): 12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.
“Many of our programs and classes focus on the importance of caring for ourselves and each other, so we are pleased to share this information and wellness services with our neighbors,” said David Schaitkin, campus director.
“We invite everyone to stop by any time during the day for wellness checks and to learn relaxation techniques. Plus our Criminal Justice Program Director will discuss self-defense techniques which is also a vital part of caring for yourself.”