VIDEO: NEPA Scene’s Got Talent Finals Showcase promo features the 12 acts and reveals the judges
The three-month journey that started on March 24 ends tomorrow night – the finale of NEPA Scene’s Got Talent, our weekly open mic and talent competition at Thirst T’s Bar & Grill in Olyphant, will be held on Tuesday, June 23 at 7 p.m., and Mark Dennebaum, president and owner of TwentyFiveEight Studios in Scranton, has produced an excellent video that features everyone involved.
Each week, audiences voted for their favorite acts, and now the 12 winners, who already received $50 cash each, will perform their polished sets in front of a panel of local celebrity judges to determine the winner of the grand prize – a vacation package that includes $500 cash, three days and two nights in Cleveland, Ohio to tour the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and the Great Lakes Brewing Company, tickets to a Cleveland Indians baseball game, and a free recording session at TwentyFiveEight Studios when they return home. None of this would be possible without the generous sponsorship of Thirst T’s, Great Lakes Brewing Company, LT Verrastro, Inc., Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, and TwentyFiveEight Studios.
Tickets for the Finals Showcase at Thirst T’s (120 Lincoln St., Olyphant) are only $10, and it’s guaranteed to be entertaining no matter who wins. The venue is pulling out all the stops, rolling out a red carpet and dressing to the nines. An incredible mix of well-known and undiscovered talent from Northeastern Pennsylvania, the winners competing are:
- Indie pop duo Skip Monday (Kaylin Karr and Nathan Montella)
- Comedian Dan Hoppel
- Improvisational musicians Steve Werner, Dan King, Matt Montella, and Chet Williams
- Bassist Grant Williams
- Guitarist Jason Vo and drummer Bryan Banks
- Singer/songwriter Jenn Johnson
- Comedian Zack Hammond
- Singer/songwriter Katie Evans
- Comedian Ted Hebert
- Singer/songwriter Adam Bailey
- Progressive/alternative rock band Eye on Attraction
- Singer/songwriter Asialena Bonitz
Dennebaum, Lauren Quirolgico, and Rich Howells, all co-hosts of the NEPA Scene Podcast, will be emceeing the event and introducing the acts. The judges, as revealed in the video, will be:
- Bernie Maopolski, board member of First Friday Scranton
- John Popko, owner of WAX Creative Marketing and senior consultant of marketing and business development at Fuzz 92.1
- John Sedlak, mayor of Olyphant
- Thaz Whalen, general manager of The Leonard Theater
- Katie Wisnosky, teacher and founder of the Breaking Ground Poets
NEPA Scene’s Got Talent won’t be returning until September, so don’t miss your last chance to witness the breakout event that has NEPA talking. RSVP to the event on Facebook.