Halloween-themed rock/metal festival Hallowfest haunting Nay Aug Park in Scranton on Oct. 24
From a press release:
A brand new Halloween-themed rock/metal outdoor festival called Hallowfest has been announced for Saturday, Oct. 24 at Nay Aug Park in Scranton, featuring music, art, food, and more.
Organized by Jess Meoni, who also founded the Scranton Zine Fest and GRRRLS Night open mic, the event is free and open to the public, though it is not an event marketed towards children. Kids are welcome, but there will not be children’s crafts or activities at Hallowfest, unlike many outdoor festivals in Northeastern Pennsylvania earlier this year. Face paint and costumes are encouraged.
Each band is slotted for 45-60-minute sets. The lineup contains all local acts with the exception of the headliner, Abstruktor, from Boston.
Vendors and artists include:
- The Strange Case (jewelry/art) by Laura Bednarek
- Horror movie poster designs by Kat Nitschke
- Monster movie portraits by Ali Pica
- Horror silkscreen prints by Ashley Kujat
- Face painting by Lollipop Party Services
- Horror movie DVDs and VHS from Deprivation Video
- Horror-themed prints by Stephanie Lucas
- Whittle Bones (bone jewelry) by Aarika Whittle
- Spookyboos Crafts by Tricia Jenkins and family
- Interviews by William Loney of Keep it Metal Promotions
- Photography by Ryan Mullaney
- Horror/paranormal author John Zelenski
- Henna, crochet, and cookies by Leatrice Veach
- Faces of Imagination gore effects by Andrea Wharton
- Homespun crafting by Geri Perkowski Healey
- Wellspring House Wellness
Food vendors on-site:
- What the Fork
- The Picnic Stand food truck
- Nina’s The Bitemobile food truck
- OMG Cart Rob O’taxi
- Love at First Bite Cupcakes by Marlinda May Ruminski
- RockStar Cupcakes by Daniela Pratt
Sound will be provided by Endless Music and Sound Services, and stage lighting will be provided by Magdon Music.
For more information, visit the Facebook event page.