Downtown Wilkes-Barre celebrating Small Business Saturday on Nov. 28 with sales, raffles, and more
From a press release:
The Downtown Wilkes-Barre Business Association and Diamond City Partnership have teamed up with more than a dozen businesses within downtown Wilkes-Barre in order to celebrate the sixth annual Small Business Saturday on Nov. 28.
The nationally celebrated day will offer Wilkes-Barre shoppers a chance for promotions and savings in their favorite downtown establishments while supporting the independent retailers that are essential to downtown Wilkes-Barre and the local economy. Prizes will also be awarded to those who show the most support for the downtown businesses.
Stop by the participating businesses on Nov. 28 to pick up Downtown Wilkes-Barre raffle tickets. At 6 p.m., the F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts will have a tree lighting, followed by Santa Claus drawing the lucky winning tickets. Prizes include one minute in the Holiday Money Booth, Kirby Center tickets, and a downtown Wilkes-Barre basket filled with gift certificates, lottery tickets, Christmas cards, and much more. You must be present to win.
The Kirby Center will serve as a hub for the day of festivities. Excited to celebrate their small-business neighbors, the nonprofit will host a Winter Wonderland celebration, offering an indoor marketplace for local venders to display everything from handcrafted jewelry to fine art. Local artists participating in the art market include Erin Jordan, GlassMade by TurnerGraphics, Hels’ Bells Handmade, Keri’s Gift Kreations & Bowtique, Knot Just Any Day, Marie Glassware, Redmond Porcelain, Regular Frills, and Ryan Koerber. Read more about the all-day event here.
1. Alpine Eatery: 10% off all orders. 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
2. Anthracite, Not Just a Newsstand: Purchase $20 in Christmas instant tickets and receive a free $1 ticket of your choice. Free Brownie with any food purchase at our food counter. 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
3. Around Town Bicycles, Inc.: 10% off on all bicycles. 20% off on all accessories. ATB coffee: normally $10.99, sale price $8.99. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
4. Bart & Urby’s: 15% off any food item (regularly priced). 2 p.m.-2 a.m.
5. Beehive Gift Shop: 20% off all in-stock; gift with purchase. 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
6. Butler Eyecare: 50% off. iPad mini giveaway. 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
7. City Cuts: 50% off all products.
8. El Zocalo: $5 off purchases $25 or more. Noon-9 p.m.
9. F.M. Kirby Center: 15% off participating shows. 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
10. Frank’s Pizzaria & Ristorante: 15% of your entire bill (excluding drinks); eat in only. 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
11. Iorio’s Fine Jewelry: Extra 10% off on sterling silver jewelry and watches. 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
12. Januzzi’s Pizza: 10% off pick-up and dine-in orders; does not include alcoholic beverages. 10:30 a.m.-noon.
13. Knot Just Any Day: Greeting cards 3/$10; make and take craft. Holiday photo sessions buy one, get one half off. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
14. Le Mahhattan Bistro: 10% off dinner. Not participating with raffle tickets Saturday.
15. Marquis Art and Frame: 20% off custom framing. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
16. Oz’s Pizza: 14” pizza for $6.99. 11 a.m.-midnight.
17. Shambala: 20% off select items. 10% off total purchase $10 or more on non sale items. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
The Downtown Wilkes-Barre Business Association is a membership association of nearly 100 businesses and organizations that are committed to working together to promote, maintain, and encourage downtown Wilkes-Barre’s economic well-being and quality of life through cooperative promotion, marketing, and improvement activities.
The Diamond City Partnership is Wilkes-Barre’s not-for-profit downtown management organization, serving as the caretaker of our community’s vision for downtown Wilkes-Barre. DCP also manages the Downtown Wilkes-Barre Business Improvement District, which provides a range of supplementary services to downtown’s property and business owners.
This post was compiled by the staff of NEPA Scene.