New Middle Eastern eatery Patti’s Pitas offers free samples at grand opening in Eynon on Jan. 19
From a press release:
Patti’s Pitas, a new Middle Eastern eatery, is holding a grand opening for its first branch on Thursday, Jan. 19 at 1 p.m.
Patti’s Pitas (605 Scranton Carbondale Hwy., Eynon) brings a long craved for and fresh addition to the local community – an authentic Middle Eastern restaurant serving lunch and dinner. The establishment, which is open now, serves Lebanese, Turkish, Egyptian, and Israeli cuisine, known for its healthy dishes that are rich in vegetables, grains, beans, seeds, chickpeas, nuts, and flavor.
At the grand opening, they will serve Middle Eastern staples like:
- Pita bread baked on the premises
- Fresh, creamy, and addicting hummus
- Bourekas, a Turkish finger food savory turnover filled with mashed potatoes and pizza sauce
- Baklawa (or, as the Greeks say, bakalava), an Arab dessert with lots of honey and nuts that pairs well with good coffee or tea
- Limonana, or mint lemonade with the aromatic taste of fresh mint, made daily
A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held by city officials at 1 p.m., followed by free samples with authentic Middle Eastern décor and music. The restaurant will be open for lunch following the event, which is sponsored by the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce.
“At our Middle Eastern restaurant, we bring you the authentic taste, aroma, and atmosphere of the Middle East,” lead chef Patti Chen said.
“Our dedication to the freshest ingredients and flavorful cuisine makes us more than just a restaurant. We are passionate about great food, served in a vibrant, warm, and friendly atmosphere by people who care and who have a passion for true service and their customers. We look forward to serving you.”
Patti’s Pitas’ current hours are Tuesday-Sunday from 11 a.m.-9 p.m.