Food Truck Festival rolls into Mohegan Sun Pocono in Wilkes-Barre with music and activities on Aug. 25
From a press release:
Held on the Pocono Downs racetrack from noon-5 p.m., this family-friendly event will feature some of the best food truck cuisine in Northeastern Pennsylvania, live entertainment, family activities, and more. Guests will have the chance to channel their inner foodie with some delicious food truck eats and drink specials, and those who stick around can catch some live harness racing at 7 p.m.
The festival is open to all ages, and admission is free. Food truck participants include, but are not limited to:
- Nanny Cakes Bakery – a Bloomsburg-based bakery specializing in making delicious cookies, pies, pastries, and more from scratch
- Pazzo Pizza Truck – New Hope natives serving delicious, wood-fired pizza
- FonDippity – a husband-wife duo from Dallas, Pennsylvania bringing a fun twist to decadent fondue
- 2Wayz One Passion – authentic Mexican-American cuisine straight out of Scranton
- Get Rollin Gourmet Egg Rolls – serving up unique homemade egg rolls from Pottsville
- Dottie’s Buffalo Bites – bringing the best boneless wings, cheesesteaks, burgers, and more from Benton
- Eat Up Now – a Party on the Patio favorite and creator of the Texas Cheesesteak, all the way from Hanover
Live entertainment will be provided by Screaming Broccolli from New York City, a Breakers favorite. Even though the band started during the height of the grunge era, their huge catalog of songs stretches from classic rock to ’80s and ’90s hits and the biggest and best current Top 40 jams.
“We are perfectionists,” frontman and founding member Mike Loughlin said. “We work tirelessly to make sure every cover sounds as authentic as possible.”
The Food Truck Festival will also offer a variety of activities, including axe throwing with Axecessive Force, tarot card readings by Tarot for Living, and walk-up tournaments with NEPA Cornhole throughout the afternoon.
Learn more about ongoing Hot Summer Fun promotions here.
Mohegan Sun Pocono (1280 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre), owned by Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment, was the first destination to bring gaming to Pennsylvania in 2006 and has since become one of the premier entertainment, gaming, shopping, and dining destinations in the state. Situated on 400 acres in Plains, Mohegan Sun Pocono features a 238-room hotel with on-site spa and adjacent 20,000 square-foot Convention Center. It is currently home to 82,000 square feet of gaming space, including 91 live table games, 2,300 slot machines and electronic table games, a variety of dining and shopping options, nightlife, entertainment, and live harness racing. Mohegan Sun Pocono is within easy access of New York, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Delaware.