Box office at Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre reopens with added ‘stimulus incentive’
From a press release:
The Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza in Wilkes-Barre Township announced today that its box office will reopen for event ticket transactions beginning this Tuesday, June 23 at 10 a.m. with a “stimulus incentive.”
This plan comes days after Luzerne County entered the green phase of the state’s reopening on June 19. The NBT Bank Box Office has been closed since March 16 under the state’s guidelines for the closure of all nonessential businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.
To help celebrate the reopening, Mohegan Sun Arena (255 Highland Park Blvd., Wilkes-Barre) will be offering an additional stimulus to help jumpstart the local economy. Beginning Tuesday, June 23 at 10 a.m., anyone who purchases a general admission parking space for Jim Gaffigan’s live drive-in comedy show in the arena’s parking lot on Saturday, July 18 will receive a $25 prepaid gift card.
Guests may purchase tickets in person at the NBT Bank Box Office during normal business hours or purchase online at ticketmaster.com with the code NBT25C for cars and NBT25V for SUVs and trucks. This offer is valid for the first 100 purchasers and expires on June 28 at 11:59 p.m. There is a limit of one gift card per person and mailing address. The offer is not valid on previously purchased tickets, Gold Circle tickets, or Silver Circle tickets. General admission parking tickets are $150 per car load with a maximum of four people per car. Up to 1,000 vehicles will be permitted for the event.
Beginning this week, the NBT Bank Box Office hours will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and will be open for events only on Saturdays and Sundays. Box office hours are subject to change each week. Hours will be posted for the upcoming week of the venue’s website.
The NBT Bank Box Office sells tickets for events at the Mohegan Sun Arena only. Patrons who purchased tickets in-person at the box office for an arena event that has since been canceled, and who have not yet received credit for their tickets, can obtain their refund during box office hours.
The staff will require guests to practice safe social distancing and remain at least 6 feet apart from other customers when purchasing tickets from the box office’s outdoor windows. Guests will be required to wear face coverings. During inclement weather, the NBT Bank Box Office will open its indoor lobby and limit the occupancy of the lobby to two people at a time to maintain safe social distancing. Counters will be wiped frequently by venue staff.
State guidance on social distancing, public gatherings, and certain procedures and practices is subject to change. The Mohegan Sun Arena will keep customers informed of changes as they pertain to these events at mohegansunarenapa.com. For a list of frequently asked questions as it pertains to the Jim Gaffigan event, visit mohegansunarenapa.com/events/jimgaffigan.
Social distancing measures will operate in accordance with Pennsylvania guidelines (subject to change):
- Vehicles will be spaced to accommodate social distancing.
- Cars will park in a staggered fashion to achieve spacing and best visibility.
- Patrons may only leave their vehicles to use their tailgating space adjacent to their vehicle, restrooms, or to obtain concessions.
- A maximum of four people are allowed in each tailgating space.
- Masks must be worn by any patrons traveling to and from portable restrooms and concessions.
- Portable, single-stall restrooms will be located throughout the parking lot and cleaned frequently.
Additional information for these first-of-a-kind concert experiences:
- Jim Gaffigan will be live and in-person on stage.
- Passenger vehicles only. No motorcycles, buses, party buses, limousines, RVs, bicycles, or foot traffic allowed. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
- All tickets are general admission and spots cannot be reserved.
- Guests may bring their own food and beverage. No grills permitted.
- Event is rain or shine.
- Event will take place in the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza parking lot. All cars must enter through the main entrance from Highland Park Boulevard.
- Audio amplification will be announced at the event.
- Cars with more than four adults will be turned away without refund.
- Vehicles are subject to search upon entry.
- No pets allowed.
- Once parked, vehicle relocation is not permitted.
- Please follow parking attendants’ directions to your parking spot.
- Please pull forward into the spot – don’t try to back in.
- If you wish to park with your friends, we recommend you meet away from the venue and drive in together.
Jim Gaffigan is a five-time Grammy-nominated comedian, actor, writer, producer, two-time New York Times bestselling author, two-time Emmy-winning top touring performer, and multi-platinum-selling recording artist. He is known around the world for his unique brand of clean humor, which largely revolves around his observations on life.
On the silver screen, his many credits include “Three Kings,” “Super Troopers” and “Super Troopers 2,” and “Chappaquiddick.” 2019 was Gaffigan’s biggest year to date with eight films released. Three of these movies premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, including “Troop Zero” with Viola Davis and Alison Janney, “Them That Follow,” and “Light from Light,” with many festivalgoers calling Gaffigan the “King of Sundance.”
He is also the lead in the comedic film called “Being Frank,” which opened Father’s Day weekend, and “American Dreamer,” a dark thriller that features him as an ride share driver who moonlights as a private driver for a drug dealer. In April of 2019, Gaffigan was seen alongside Alec Baldwin and Salma Hayek in Bron Studios’ “Drunk Parents.”
On Aug. 16, Gaffigan released his unprecedented seventh stand-up special, “Quality Time,” on Amazon Prime, making history as Amazon’s first original comedy special. The 53-year-old is in top form, talking about why we aren’t more honest about the reasons we don’t want to attend events while at the same time embracing lying to kids. From horses and dog birthdays to traveling and museums, he continues to impress.
In addition to two seasons of the critically acclaimed, semi-autobiographical TV Land sitcom “The Jim Gaffigan Show,” which he wrote and produced with his wife Jeannie, and his widely popular stand-up comedy specials, Gaffigan has guest starred on many television comedies and dramas, ranging from “Portlandia” and “Bob’s Burgers” to the HBO cult hit “Flight of the Concords” and dramatic roles in “Law & Order.”
Gaffigan regularly does humorous commentaries on CBS Sunday and served as the master of ceremonies at the Al Smith memorial dinner. He was named one of the world’s highest grossing comedians by Forbes, and he is one of only 10 comedians in history to sell out the famed Madison Square Garden arena. In 2015, he performed for over one million people at the Festival of Families during Pope Francis’ visit to Philadelphia.
He and his wife currently live in Manhattan with their five loud and expensive children.