Saved by the 90s plays ’90s-themed tailgate party in Montage Mountain parking lot in Scranton on Aug. 9
From a press release:
If you’d rather party like it’s 1999 than like it’s 2020, Saved by the 90s will meet you in the middle in Scranton.
Last night, Stage West in Scranton and DamnMillennial Promotions announced that they’re bringing this high-energy party band to the parking lot of Montage Mountain Waterpark (1000 Montage Mountain Rd., Scranton) for a “Sunday-Funday Tailgate” on Sunday, Aug. 9.
Gates open at 2 p.m., and the music runs from 4 p.m.-7 p.m. General admission tickets, which are $79 per car (maximum of four guests per vehicle), are on sale now via Prekindle. This is an all-ages, rain or shine event; guests who are 21+ must show ID to drink. For more details, visit the Facebook event page.
Inspired by your favorite musicians and hits of the decade, Saved by the 90s is a national sensation that is bringing back the ’90s with a huge interactive party by a live ’90s cover band that will blow your socks off. Dress up and dance the afternoon away.
With bands stationed all over the United States, Saved by the 90s puts on parties regularly at theaters and clubs where anybody can jump in and join the party. The bands also specialize in playing the best music at weddings, corporate parties, and other private events.
Saved by the 90s has many imitators, but don’t be fooled by the wannabes – Saved by the 90s is the highest-quality, longest-running ’90s party with live music on Earth. Plus, for the young millennials out there, there’s also a 2000s cover band – Y2K: the Millennium Party.
Saved by the 90s concert rules:
- All cars must be turned off once you are parked.
- Masks are recommended when guests are outside of the vehicle. Masks are required when guests move away from their vehicle space to use restroom or concessions.
- Each vehicle can have a maximum of four guests – no exceptions.
- The event is for all ages.
- Sealed water bottles and containers are allowed.
- No outside food or beverages, including alcohol, are allowed. Concessions will be available on site.
- Underage drinking will not be tolerated. If a person is caught drinking underage, the entire car and its passengers will be ejected. The venue takes this rule very seriously, so please do not chance it.
- Music will be played live through a PA system.
- The speed limit is 5 mph.
- Please do not sit on the top of your vehicle. The bed of your truck or hood of your car is OK.
- Leave the space as you found it. No trash should be left behind for any reason.
- No RVs, campers, buses, oversize vans, or box trucks are allowed.
- No Uber/Lyft drop-offs will be allowed. Everyone must arrive in a vehicle with a parking permit and ticket.
- Shoes are required at all times. Shirts must be worn at the concession area.
What time should we arrive?
Gates open at 2 p.m. on the day of the show, and music starts at 4 p.m. Parking will be first-come, first-served.
Will there be restrooms?
Yes. Port-O-Jons will be on hand and cleaned every 15 minutes. Cones will be used to ensure social distancing.
Are we allowed to be outside our vehicle?
Yes, but you must stay with in the width of your vehicle. You can not dance or group with anyone outside of your vehicle. We will have staff monitoring for social distancing, so please follow their instructions. You will be asked to leave if you do not comply. We are all in this together – be safe and be smart.
Will you have concessions?
Yes, concessions will be open, and there is no outside food or beverages (excluding sealed water) allowed. Please maintain social distancing when standing in line for concessions. We will also have mobile delivery service for alcohol via mobile app. A server will deliver your order to your vehicle.
Can I bring alcohol?
No outside food or beverages are allowed. Cars will be searched on arrival, and prohibited items will be confiscated.
Will face coverings be sold at the door?
Yes, we will have face coverings for sale at the merch booth.
Can we reserve spots next to friends?
No reserving spots. If groups want to park near each other, they must arrive together. We recommend meeting up prior to arriving to ensure we can accommodate you.
Will I be able to leave anytime during the event or are we stuck in our spot until the end?
Generally no. We will do our best to handle this on a case-by-case basis for emergencies. However, we cannot guarantee an early exit due to parking logistics.
Can I sit in the back of my truck?
Yes, you can sit in the back of your truck, but you must be level with the roof-line of your vehicle.
Can I put my convertible top down?
Yes, you can have your top down.
Can I bring my pets?
No, unfortunately not.