‘Light Up Downtown Scranton’ activities and shopping promotions run Nov. 21-Jan. 7
From a press release:
Just in time for an early start to holiday shopping, Scranton Tomorrow leaders have announce the return of the organization’s holiday campaign, Light Up Downtown Scranton, which runs through Jan. 7, 2022.
Designed to encourage everyone to shop and dine in downtown Scranton during the holidays, Light Up Downtown Scranton features popular initiatives from 2020 along with new promotions, including:
- Downtown Drive-Thru, through Jan. 7: Via social media, Scranton Tomorrow will remind everyone in the community that many downtown shops and eateries offer curbside delivery in addition to indoor shopping and dining, and online ordering. Look for the official Downtown Drive-Thru car on Scranton Tomorrow’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
- ‘Tis the Season Sundays, Nov. 21-Jan. 2: With free parking and plenty of shopping and dining options, Sundays are a great day to visit downtown Scranton during the holidays. Participating businesses will offer special incentives as part of this promotion.
- Holiday Open House, Nov. 21: Everyone is invited to spend a Sunday afternoon in downtown Scranton and take advantage of holiday incentives at unique shops and restaurants while enjoying live music, hot cocoa, and more at participating businesses.
- Holiday Window Showcase, Nov. 24-Jan. 7: The Holiday Window Showcase features magical holiday displays in dozens of businesses in downtown Scranton. Displays officially open the night before Thanksgiving, making this charming tradition the perfect way to celebrate the season with family and friends.
- Black Friday, Nov. 26: Downtown Scranton retailers and restaurants will offer seasonal promotions, gift cards, and more on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
- Small Business Saturday, Nov. 27: Small Business Saturday is a day to support local businesses that create jobs, boost the economy, and preserve neighborhoods around the country. American Express created this national movement to increase sales for small businesses across the country, and Scranton Tomorrow has organized downtown Scranton’s Small Business Saturday for 11 years. Participating businesses will offer special promotions and unique gifts in more than 50 shops and eateries in the Downtown Scranton Business District. Shoppers are encouraged to spread the joy on social media using #shopsmall, #smallbiz, and #shoplocal.
- Swingin’ Jazz Nutcracker Suite Concert and Toy Drive, Nov. 27: The Scranton Jazz Festival Big Band, under the direction of Marko Marcinko, will perform the “Swingin’ Jazz Nutcracker Suite” on Saturday, Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. at The Ritz Theater (222 Wyoming Ave., Scranton). Tickets, which are $20 per person, are on sale now via ShowTix4U. Proceeds benefit the Scranton Jazz Festival and the Children’s Advocacy Center. Guests are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy to benefit children in need in the greater Scranton area. Learn more here.
- Cyber Monday, Nov. 29: Participating businesses will showcase their most popular products and services online during Cyber Monday, one of the biggest online shopping days of the season.
- Giving Tuesday, Nov. 30: Scranton Tomorrow will participate in Giving Tuesday. Donations will help support economic development projects in downtown Scranton. To make a contribution, visit scrantontomorrow.org.
- Home for the Holidays, Dec. 3-Dec. 12: Before they head home for the holidays, college students in Lackawanna County will enjoy special incentives and promotions from participating businesses in downtown Scranton with presentation of valid student ID.
Light Up Downtown Scranton, a project of Scranton Tomorrow, is presented by PNC Bank. The campaign is made possible with additional support from Hospice of the Sacred Heart, Over the Moon, and RD Salon & Blow Dry Bar.
Scranton Tomorrow is a volunteer-based organization whose members are as diverse as the greater Scranton community. Volunteers and supporters include business leaders, public officials, entrepreneurs, property owners, developers, educators, artists, and community partners, all united in a love for the city and a commitment to reach its greatest potential.