Audition for NEPA Sings! competition at Wyoming Seminary in Kingston on Feb. 3
From a press release:
The Wilkes-Barre nonprofit organization Court Appointed Special Advocates of Luzerne County has announced the upcoming NEPA Sings! competition. Auditions will be held on Saturday, Feb. 3 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Kirby Center for the Creative Arts on Wyoming Seminary’s Upper School campus in Kingston.
12 performers will be selected to compete in the finals on Thursday, April 12 at 6:30 p.m. at the KCCA (260 N. Sprague Ave., Kingston). The first place prize includes two tickets to a Broadway show in New York City with round trip transportation provided by Martz Trailways, as well as the opportunity to perform the winning song on “PA Live!” on WBRE-TV. The second place prize includes two tickets to a show at the F.M. Kirby Center in Wilkes-Barre and a $100 gift certificate for dinner at a local restaurant.
This event will benefit CASA of Luzerne County, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to training and supporting community volunteers – Court Appointed Special Advocates or CASAs – who serve as the voice of abused and neglected children in the Luzerne County court system so that they will be safe, secure, and given the opportunity to thrive.
NEPA Sings! registration and rules:
- All registrants must be age 16 or older.
- All registrations must be completed online. Walk-up registrations will not be permitted.
- Registration is limited to the first 300 applicants.
- Audition songs are limited to 30 seconds and must be performed a capella.
- All fields are required. Registrations will not be accepted unless the form is fully completed.
- The waiver and release forms on the Facebook event page must be completed and brought to the audition.
For more information, call 570-855-2247 or e-mail email@example.com.