Mohegan Sun Pocono looking for musicians to compete in 2016 Battle of the Bands in Wilkes-Barre
From a press release:
Does your band have what it takes to reign supreme? Mohegan Sun Pocono in Wilkes-Barre wants to know! Their sixth annual Battle of the Bands competition kicks off on Thursday, March 17, 2016 at Breakers, and starting now, Mohegan Sun is looking for the best bands in Northeastern Pennsylvania to compete.
Don’t wait – now through Jan. 29, interested bands can submit an entry to be crowned next year’s winner and for the chance to win cash prizes at the grand finale on May 26, including the $10,000 grand prize. Stealing Neil won the competition in 2015.
To express interest in competing in this popular event, bands must submit the following no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 29. 32 bands will be selected and notified no later than Monday, Feb. 29.
- Demo CD, EPK, website and/or flash drive containing no more than three songs. This should be as close as possible to proposed live performance; cover music preferred. Please note in writing with submission if there are overdubbed parts or guest artists who will not be part of the competition.
- Recent photo with names and instrumentation of all players, and an input list (preferably in digital format)
- Current song list and proposed 30-minute set list for the competition
- List of any Thursday evenings during the competition (March 17-May 26) that band would not be available between 7 p.m.-midnight
- Contact information, including e-mail address and daytime phone number
- Verification that all band members are 21 years of age or older
Please send submissions to Battle of the Bands, Entertainment Office, Mohegan Sun Pocono, 1280 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18705 or EventRequest@mohegansunpocono.com.
For additional information or questions, contact EventRequest@mohegansunpocono.com or 570-831-2264.
Mohegan Sun Pocono, owned by the Mohegan Tribe of Indians of Connecticut, is one of the most distinctive entertainment, gaming, shopping, and dining destinations in Pennsylvania. Situated on 400 acres in Wilkes-Barre/Plains, Mohegan Sun Pocono features a 238-room hotel with on-site spa and adjacent 20,000 square foot convention center. It is currently home to 82,000 square feet of gaming space, including 91 live table games, 2,300 slot machines and electronic table games, a variety of dining and shopping options, nightlife, entertainment, and live harness racing. Mohegan Sun Pocono is within easy access of New York, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Delaware.
Photo of Stealing Neil courtesy of Mohegan Sun Pocono