Live Nation books summer concerts at Philadelphia’s Mann Center, including Roots Picnic, HoagieNation, and more
From a press release:
Today, the Mann Center for the Performing Arts, one of the foremost open-air music centers in the country and a leading cultural and arts education nonprofit in Philadelphia, and Live Nation, the world’s leading live entertainment company, announced an exclusive multi-year booking partnership to bring a dynamic summer lineup of major touring artists to the Mann’s iconic campus in Philadelphia’s Fairmount Park.
The longterm partnership with possible extensions is effective immediately for the Mann’s summer 2020 season. Highlights of the new agreement include:
- Collaboration between the Mann and Live Nation to elevate the guest experience at the venue through new concession options, enhanced VIP opportunities, and more.
- Development of new immersive signature musical festivals that maximize the Mann’s multiple stages and expansive Fairmount Park campus.
- Capital investment by Live Nation throughout the term of the agreement to support the Mann’s multi-year master plan for ongoing campus improvements.
- An annual charitable contribution made by Live Nation in support of the Mann’s charitable endeavors and mission.
“The Mann is continually focused on aligning with strong partners to support our commitment to presenting world-class, diverse entertainment; providing incredible, memorable experiences for our guests; and positively impacting Philadelphia communities through free experiences with enriching arts and culture. Live Nation is certainly a partner that embodies all of that, and we are thrilled to be formally working together with them,” said Catherine M. Cahill, president and CEO of the Mann.
“Their portfolio of artists together with our commitment to presenting world-class orchestras, including The Philadelphia Orchestra’s annual summer residency, will only add to our legacy as a premier entertainment destination dedicated to artistic excellence, where a wide variety of musical genres can be enjoyed.”
“The Mann is one of Philadelphia’s premiere music destinations, and we’re honored to support this nonprofit’s dedication to the local community and artistic excellence,” said Geoffrey Gordon, president of Live Nation Philadelphia.
“We brought the iconic Roots Picnic to the Mann last summer for a sold-out performance and are excited to usher in more world-class events and performers, such as HoagieNation, a celebration of music, food, and culture curated and headlined by Daryl Hall and John Oates, featuring special guests Squeeze, Kool & The Gang, and The Hooters; the return of the Roots Picnic; and more.”
The Mann’s 22-acre campus, a frequent nominee for Pollstar’s “Best Major Outdoor Concert Venue,” consists of four distinct stage experiences for both artists and audiences:
- The Presser Foundation Stage, the Mann’s venerable main stage in the TD Pavilion, which seats 4,500 and can accommodate another 10,000 concertgoers in Connelly Terrace seating and on the Mann’s Great Lawn
- The Skyline Stage, positioned at the top of the Mann’s campus overlooking the dramatic Philadelphia skyline, accommodates 7,500 general admission guests on three acres of grassy parkland
- An expanded site for multi-stage festivals, utilizing existing and temporary stages, for upwards of 25,000 guests
- The new Downstage @ the Mann series for intimate, in-the-round experiences where both artists and audiences of up to 300 are on the Presser Foundation Stage
Live Nation shows at the Mann Center:
- May 23: HoagieNation featuring Daryl Hall & John Oates, Squeeze, The Hooters, Blues Traveler, and more
- June 26: Rebelution: Good Vibes Summer Tour
- July 1: Kidz Bop Live
- Aug. 14: truTV Impractical Jokers: The Scoopski Potatoes Tour
- Aug. 5: Lindsey Stirling: The Artemis Tour
- Aug. 20: XPN Welcomes David Gray
- Aug. 22: Goo Goo Dolls: The Miracle Pill Summer Tour
- Aug. 20: David Gray: White Ladder: The 20th Anniversary Tour
- Sept. 11: New Order & Pet Shop Boys: The Unity Tour
May 30: Roots Picnic featuring The Roots, Meek Mill, Summer Walker, DaBaby, and more
For a full list of shows that have been announced to date, and to purchase tickets, visit manncenter.org.
As one of the foremost outdoor music centers in the country, the Mann, a leading nonprofit organization, has a historical legacy of artistic excellence as a world-class entertainment destination. Each summer season, renowned symphony orchestras, iconic rock stars, and the latest touring artists in indie, rock, hip hop, R&B, and pop take the stage here. The Mann is the summer home of the Philadelphia Orchestra and has presented critically acclaimed performers in every decade since the 1930s.
Located in the heart of Philadelphia’s Fairmount Park, the Mann hosts more than 200,000 visitors annually. Signature concert experiences are surrounded by Philadelphia’s stunning skyline and include seats beneath the Mann’s acoustically acclaimed TD Bank pavilion; picnics, blankets, and music under the stars on its great lawn; and dining in Crescendo, the venue’s tented restaurant.
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Sponsorship.