Audition dates set for Scranton Cultural Center production of Harry Connick, Jr.’s ‘The Happy Elf’
From a press release:
Although it’s still summer in NEPA, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple as it gears up for its production of Harry Connick, Jr.’s “The Happy Elf.” The SCC (420 N. Washington Ave., Scranton) will host a series of auditions throughout the month of August.
“We plan to locally cast everything that we can,” said Michael Melcher, the executive director of the SCC, who will also serve as the show’s director.
“There is an overwhelming amount of talent in NEPA and we can’t wait to tap into it for this show. We had a great experience last year recording the music for the show and expect to be completely blown away this time around as we put the entire production on our Main Stage.”
Open auditions will take place on Aug. 4 and 5, as well as Aug. 18-20, and will be organized according to grade/age, beginning with kindergarten.
- Monday, Aug. 4: Kindergarten-5th grade, 4-6 p.m.; 6th-12th grade, 6:30-8:30 p.m.; group dance auditions, 8:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 5: Adults 18 years old and older, 5-7 p.m.; group dance auditions, 8:45 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 18: Kindergarten-5th grade, 4-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 19: 6th-12th grade, 7-9 p.m.; group dance auditions, 8:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 20: Adults 18 years old and older, 5-7:00 p.m.; group dance auditions, 8:45 p.m.
Consisting of several featured and solo roles, as well as members of the ensemble, “The Happy Elf” will feature two casts of approximately 100 actors.
“The Happy Elf” tells the tale of Eubie the Elf, a loveable fellow who wants to spread Christmas joy throughout the town of Bluesville. This festive tale of overcoming adversity, friendship, and the power of positivity is perfect for families to see together during the holiday season.
Interested individuals who wish to audition can visit thehappyelf.org or sccmt.org for necessary audition forms, materials, and additional details. They can also contact Production Manager Dawn McGurl via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 570-346-7369 ext. 136.