New Vintage Theater Ensemble calls for original scripts for ‘Shut Up & Read’ series
From a press release:
The New Vintage Theater Ensemble is seeking script submissions for their upcoming spring staged reading series, “Shut Up & Read.” The ensemble invites playwrights to submit their original works by Friday, Feb. 6 for consideration.
Based on the 2014 staged reading series held at the former Vintage Theater in Scranton, “Shut Up & Read” is designed to be a platform for playwrights to preview their work while gaining actor and audience feedback.
Selected playwrights will be notified by Feb. 16. The series will run in Scranton one Sunday a month until June 2015. Locations for staged readings are to be announced.
- All submissions must be in Word or PDF format and must be sent to email@example.com.
- There is no limit on the number of scripts a playwright can submit.
- No content is off-limits – they are looking for a wide range of diverse work.
- Each playwright must provide contact information, including full name, e-mail, and phone number.
- Scripts will be limited to a running time of two hours max. Any lengthy submissions may be subject to editing by our staff (with permission of the playwright).
- Each selected playwright will be asked to provide a short bio for promotional purposes.
- Each playwright will also be encouraged to attend their reading for a brief question and answer session with the audience.
Founded in 2015, the New Vintage Theater Ensemble is a collective of actors from Northeastern Pennsylvania dedicated to producing innovative and interactive theater while helping the art community of the Scranton region thrive.