In its fifth year, NEPA BlogCon held its first event in Lackawanna County, setting up a full day of networking and informative presentations about blogging, social media, and technology at Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore on Saturday, Oct. 15.
With a touching keynote speech by Indra Lahiri, Ph.D. and founder of Indraloka Animal Sanctuary in Mehoopany, speakers at the conference also included:
- Tim Buckley, Partner Development Executive at Google
- April Holgate, PA Health Access Network
- Britney Kolodziej, bJaneCreative.com
- Tim Gillette, creator of Rock ‘n’ Roll Keys to Business Success
- Elie Ashery, CEO of Gold Lasso
- Christina M. Carrell, Mothering with Chronic Pain Blog
- Sally Black, founder of VacationKids.com
- Valerie Deneen, Inner Child Fun Media, LLC
- Amanda Fox-Rouch, Kaha Marketing
Emcee Gerard Durling, founder of Coal Creative, kept the day moving and took a few minutes to meet attendees while streaming live as Park MultiMedia filmed testimonials outside. Additionally, the 2016 Blog of the Year winners were presented with their awards between speakers.
All proceeds from the event went towards funding Squirrel Girls Tech Camp, a STEM education camp for girls in grades 4-6 in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
As sponsors of NEPA BlogCon this year, it was great meeting everyone in person at our table during the expo portion of the day, and thanks to everyone who voted NEPA Scene the “Best Music, Arts, or Entertainment Blog” again in 2016. We’ll see you all next year!
by Rich Howells
Rich is an award-winning journalist, longtime blogger, photographer, and podcast host. He is the founder and editor of NEPA Scene.