Culture Shock! Free Music and Art Fest 2015 logo contest taking submissions now through June 5
Culture Shock! Free Music and Art Fest is for everyone. It belongs to the people of NEPA and it is for the people of NEPA.
Culture Shock! has two main purposes – showcase the immense talent in our area, and culturally enhance our community.
We decided to call it Culture Shock! because it’s a vast mix of different styles of music, culture, and art. Our hope is that you’ll hear music from a genre that you might not have known you even liked, or see a cool piece of artwork in a style you’ve never seen before – all while showcasing the creativity that lives in the place we call home.
With these values and ideals in mind, we always have our logo created by a local artist. Every year, we have a new logo designed so that it’s a different style each time, fulfilling one of our main goals to expose people to different genres and styles of art.
We took last year off from the festival and will be returning on Sept. 19 with a new set of ways to showcase our community. This contest is the first of many new things to come. We’ve chosen some pretty sweet prizes and hope this incentivizes our local artists to submit to the contest and join us in this most important mission.
Submissions will close on June 5, and a winner will be announced on NEPA Scene on June 9.
Note: Please submit using the desktop version of the website.
- Winning design becomes official logo of Culture Shock! 2015
- Featured space at the Culture Shock! Art Show
- NEPA Scene feature (after editor’s approval)
- $100 Cash
- 6-month Spotify premium subscription
- UI Stencils Starter Pack
- Moleskine Smart Notebook, Creative Cloud connected
- This is a contest for the Culture Shock! logo. The creative direction is completely up to the artist, but the design MUST include the following text:
- Design can be any type of medium, but it must be able to be transformed into digital. For example: Our first logo was was hand-drawn, but it was big enough to be scanned and saved. Please note that it is up to the designer to submit a digital file.
- All submissions must be submitted digitally.
- Winner must provide either an original PSD or AI file.
– Culture Shock! Free Music and Art Fest
– Sept. 19th, 2015 at Nay Aug Park, Scranton
– Culture Shock! official website (www.cultureshockscranton.com)
– Transparent PNG
– 300 dpi
– Hi-res (minimum 2500 x 2500 pixels)
- Eligibility: Open to entrants who are aged 16 or older and live within a 75 mile radius of Scranton, PA. Artists who are under an exclusive contract with any legal entity are ineligible. No purchase is necessary to enter or win this contest.
- Posting Submissions Online or in Public: Submissions cannot be posted publicly or in a public digital medium until a winner has been announced.
- Rights: The winning artist grants all rights and ownership to Culture Shock Scranton LLC. The winning submission cannot be sold or licensed unless agreed upon by Culture Shock Scranton LLC. By submitting your work, you understand that you give Culture Shock Scranton LLC and any of it’s partners the right to distribute, modify, and license your design for any reason deemed necessary by Culture Shock LLC.
- Judging: One winning submission will be chosen based upon the quality of design, relation to the values of Culture Shock!, and creativity. Winning submission will be chosen by a panel of local arts and culture experts. Winner will be decided announced on June 9, 2015.
by Cory Wolff
Cory is the CMO at Dotted Music, a marketer, and a brand strategist from Scranton who helps companies and artists grow their businesses and succeed online.